It can be complicated to fill out Social Security Disability claim as it requires several specific conditions to be met. Fulfilling all the necessary requirements and proving the connection between your health condition and work status is vital to the success of your claim. You will need to show different types of evidence in order to prove your Social Security disability claims in New York. This will include:
- Medical documentation will need to be provided that proves you sustained an injury that will prevent you from working for at least the next 12 months. You do not have to wait 12 months before you file a claim.
- You will have to prove that you will not be able to return to your past work. As is the nature of Social Security disability claims, the past 15 years of your work history will be examined. You will need to prove that your injury or illness will prevent you from returning to any job that you have held during the last 15 years.
- You will have to prove that you are also unable to do any other type of work due to your condition. This can be shown through activity limitations that are established by your medical provider. They will determine if your ability to do specific work-related duties would be limited. As an example of this, let us say you have a back injury. You may not be able to hold a job that requires you to be on your feet for more than an hour a day. That limitation by your medical provider will show that you are not capable of doing any other work on a continuing basis and that will support your claim with disability.
Your Social Security Disability Claim: When to Hire an SSDI Lawyer
The SSDI claims process can be overwhelming and complex, especially if you are unfamiliar with the laws and requirements. Hiring an SSDI attorney can provide valuable support and increase your chances of securing the benefits you deserve. Let’s explore the benefits of having legal representation for your SSDI claim:
Understanding the Complexities of the SSDI Claims Process
The SSDI claims process involves intricate paperwork, deadlines, and rules. A professional attorney has extensive knowledge of the system, including the technical terms used, required medical evidence, and how to navigate the appeals process. Statistics show that over 60% of claimants who hire an attorney have their claims approved, compared to only 34% of those who handle everything themselves. An experienced Social Security Disability Lawyer ensures that your case file includes all the necessary information that the Social Security Administration requires.
Affordability of SSDI Attorneys in Syracuse & Central New York
Many people worry about the high costs of hiring an attorney, but the Syracuse Social Security Disability attorneys at McMahon Kublick, PC in Syracuse, New York work on a contingency fee basis. This means you only pay if you win your case and receive benefits. The SSA regulates these fees to ensure accessibility for individuals seeking legal assistance. In most cases, the benefits of having legal counsel throughout the claims process outweigh any legal costs you may incur.
Engaging an experienced SSDI attorney in New York State at the right time can significantly impact the success of your disability claim. Here are some situations where their experience can be beneficial:
- After Initial Denial of Benefits: If your initial SSDI claim is denied, an attorney can help you understand the reasons for the denial and guide you through the appeals process. They can assist in gathering additional evidence and preparing a strong case for reconsideration.
- Before Submitting Your Initial Application: Hiring an attorney from the start can save you time and effort. They can ensure that your initial application includes all the necessary information and supporting documentation, increasing your chances of approval the first time.
- Preparing for an Appeals Hearing: If your claim reaches the appeals hearing stage, an SSDI attorney can provide invaluable assistance. They have extensive knowledge of the court’s questions, how to effectively argue your case, and how to cross-examine expert witnesses.
Everyone’s case is unique, just like everyone has unique needs. The experienced social security disability lawyers in Syracuse at McMahon Kublick, PC we will work with you to get the medical records that will support your claim. We will help you to communicate with your doctor and develop the right strategy for your case.
If you or a loved one has been injured at work, let our experienced Syracuse Social Security Disability Lawyers help guide you through the steps to getting the compensation you deserve.